Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Display Day

Yesterday, instead of having class, we all went to the FYS Display Day.  Here, there was a variety of things and activities to see, such as posters of haunted places, participate in yoga and other mediation activities, as well as read brochures.  I took part in seeing the haunted places, mostly because that sort of thing interests me.  The poster that interested me the most of about the island of dolls.  But why did this interest me so much?  Well, this interested me mostly because it creeped me out the most.  Like why are there scary looking dolls everywhere throughout the entire island.  This fact made me want to look up more information on the Internet.  However, after seeing all of the posters with haunted places on them, I was led to think that this class about ghosts and legends and their stories was really interesting.  I would like to learn about all these ghost stories even if I would be a little freaked out.  As a matter of fact, I listed this class to be one I wanted to take after the class I am in now.  As I was walking around the displays, I noticed the brochures on baseball and the question it asked: Sport or Religion?  Why was this question so interesting to me?  Well, it is just because I play the sport of baseball and that I believe it is a sport with religion spread throughout it.  Just take Josh Hamilton for example.  He is a Christian person who found God to come out of his bad time when he did drugs.  This is just one example of how religion is used in the sport of baseball.  Overall, I found that the Display Day was very interesting and I learned a lot from going!


No comments:

Post a Comment